Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CHAI PAANI !!!!!

After having written about food yesterday night , I was given some suggestions by a very beautiful friend of mine who happened to have sometime to read my blog. Following were some of the suggestions I received:
  1. Chai paani
  2. anda dahi
  3. bread omelette
  4. chawal , dal , sabzi .. anchar

However nothing appealed to me as much as the "CHAI PAANI" !! The reason behind my selecting choice # 1 is not much of a big surprise, i suppose. Being an Indian by birth we are proud to say to have been born in a country which has been ranked in the world among the topmost consumers of "CHAI PAANI" !! Yes, wherever you go and whenever you want to get something done chai and paani are the foremost things that anyone asks of you. Nowadays we ourselves ask whether the person wants some "CHAI PAANI" so that he can do our work sooner/faster.

There was/is (not very sure as I haven't been watching television for quite sometime now) a very good serial which used to be aired by a popular TV channel which although a satire showed a very comical charaterisation of the very crux of our government workers who consume so much "chai" and "paani" such that in a place like Chennai where we have to buy water to drink the common man is actually in dire straits. The poor guy does not have water to give to his family and for himself , how does he spare some for the government official !!
Anyways , I was trying to find the reason for the shortage of water in Chennai and also the reason for the growing price of the tea even though tea exports have gone down. Well I have given the economists some food for thought and with that I shall call it a day.
See you all tomorrow and happy blogging !!

No comments:

Post a Comment